Treat the vegan in your life to one of these tasty dishes.
Jalapeno Mac n Cheese
- Melt the vegan butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the flour and cayenne pepper, stir to combine with the butter and cook out for 1 min. Gradually add the soy milk, beating it into a smooth mixture before adding the next increment. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 min.
- Add the vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, jalapeños and salt and stir to combine. Add the macaroni and stir until it is all coated.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs, rosemary, chilli flakes and salt and toast until the breadcrumbs are golden and the chilli and rosemary are fragrant.
- Put the mac n cheese in bowls and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Fajita Linguine
- Pop the cashews in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Leave overnight to soak at room temperature.
- Drain the cashews and put in a blender with 120ml cold water. Blend until it is smooth and creamy. Set your cashew cream aside.
- Heat some oil in a large sauce pan. Add the onion and cook until soft, then add the red and green peppers and cook until they are all soft and starting to caramelise. Throw in the garlic and cook out for 2 mins.
- Add the cashew cream chipotle paste, tomato puree and lime juice. Bring to a simmer before tossing in your linguine and coating it in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with coriander, serve and enjoy!
Spicy Sausage Lasagne Rollups
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Heat some oil in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry until all the moisture has been released and they are starting to caramelise. Throw in the garlic and cook out for 1 min, before adding the crumbled sausages and tossing through the vegetable mix.
- Once the sausages have taken on a bit of colour, add the chopped tomatoes, red wine, vegetable stock, oregano and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins, until the sauce is nice and thick. Add the salt and pepper.
- Put the silken tofu and soya cream in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and add the nutritional yeast and salt. Bring to a boil and stir to combine.
- Spread your lasagne sheets with the sausage sauce and roll up into a spiral shape.
- Pour half of your remaining sausage sauce into the base of your baking dish. Neatly lay the lasagne rollups in the tray, then pour over the remaining sausage sauce followed by the white sauce, sprinkle with the vegan cheese and bake for 30 mins. Sprinkle with basil and serve!