6 American Hot Dogs
1 egg, whisked
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
Spiral Hot Dogs:
- Poke a skewer through the center of a hot dog. Put a knife on an angle at the bottom of the hot dog. Cut the hot dog while also twisting the hot dog to create a spring-like look.
- Take some pizza dough and roll into a strip. twist in between the hot dog spiral.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180ºC(350ºF)
Hot Dog Flower:
- Wrap a hot dog in pizza dough to coat. press edges together to seal and trim ends.
- Cut 5 equal sized sits in the hot dog not going through the end. Form a U-shape Twist one end over another and put one in the middle. Twist each hot dog to face up. Brush with egg wash and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Hassleback Hot Dogs:
- Cut thin slits across the entire hot dog being sure not to go all the way through.
- Place on pizza dough and cut around hot dog into an oval shape. Press around the hot dog without covering the slits.
- Brush with BBQ sauce over the hot dog. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.