Dinner can be a tough to get on the table sometimes but these One-pot chicken dinners will have you sorted. With minimal ingredients, these are delicious and easy to put on the table. An option for everyone!
Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- In a pot, heat oil Add the chicken breast, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken browned, and remove to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes until soft and aromatic. Add the pasta sauce and water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer.
- Add the penne and chicken. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is cooked through.
- Add the parmesan and stir to coat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, cover to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Toss the chicken with half of the fajita spice and 1 tbsp oil until coated
- Pan sear the chicken thighs, skin side down until golden brown and then flip and cook the other side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and saute the onion, garlic and pepper until soft. Stir through the long grain rice. Pour in the chicken stock, passata, remaining fajita spice, corn and black beans. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the chicken on top, cover and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Chicken and Broccoli noodle stir fry
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft and fragrant. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add the sauces and stir to combine.
- Add the broccoli and toss.
- Move to the side of the pan, add the noodles and the water. Cook for 45 seconds then flip and cook for 30 seconds before breaking noodles apart
- Toss all together.
- Serve with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Heat butter and mushrooms in a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook through until softened and aromatic, about 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the mushrooms and thyme and cook through.
- Add the flour and stir to coat well. Pour int he chicken stock and stir to combine. Then pour in the cream and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Let thicken slightly.
- Brush the edge of the pan with egg wash and drape over puff pastry and pinch the edges to seal. Brush it with egg wash and cut slits in the centre.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.