- Combine your mash with your beef mince, onion, garlic, parmesan, egg, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Roll into balls, then pan fry over a medium-high heat.
- Serve over spaghetti in tomato sauce!
- Toss the cheese in the cornflour. Heat the milks over a medium heat, then tip in the cheese and whisk on the heat until thick. Remove and cover until ready to use.
Trash Can Loaded Fries
For the chicken fajita:
- Spread the peppers and onions out on a large baking tray and dress with 2 tbsp fajita seasoning and 2 tbsp olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes at 200°C.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, fry the chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil until crisp, then chuck in the fajita seasoning. Fry briefly then tip in the roasted peppers and onions and stir to combine. Keep hot.
For the jalapeno popper mix:
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet and tip in the bacon. Fry until crisp, then throw in the garlic, jalapeños and black pepper. When fragrant, pour in the chicken stock and onion powder. Reduce by half, then stir through the cream cheese. Tip in the chicken and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt. Keep hot.
For the animal-style fries:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet and fry nuggets of the beef in batches until well browned on all sides. Set aside. Add the bacon to the same pan and fry until starting to crisp, then add the onion and a pinch of salt. Turn the heat down and cook until well caramelised and sweet. Return the beef to the pan and combine. Set aside, keep warm.
- Combine your mash with eggs and flour.
- Ladle into a hot frying pan and fry fro 2 mins per side.
- Serve with bacon, fried egg and roasted tomatoes.
BBQ Chicken Dauphinois
- Heat your oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, combine all your spices with your vegetable oil.
- Pour over your chicken and mix until your chicken is totally coated.
- Pop on a baking tray and bake for 25 mins until tender.
- Shred with 2 forks, then add your red onion, bacon, jalapeno and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Finely slice your potatoes on a mandolin and place in a bowl of water.
- Melt your butter in a large saucepan and add your onion. Cook out over a low heat for 15 mins until softened, then add your garlic and cook out for 2 mins. Add your double cream, milk and seasoning and bring to a simmer. Add your potatoes and cook for about 10 mins until your potatoes are tender and your cream has thickened slightly.
- In a large buttered dish, arrange 1/3rd of your potatoes. Top with half your chicken and 1/3rd of your cheese. Repeat with remaining mixture, finishing with a layer of potatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour until your potatoes are totally tender and your cheese has melted. Serve immediately!