2-3 people people
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 6 pieces
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inches of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Amoy Soy Sauce
- 110ml water
- 300g of Amoy Medium Noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Vegetable oil, to fry
- 1 tub of Amoy Peanut Sauce, to serve
Up your noodle game and combine it with everyone's favourite snack - fried chicken!
- Cook the noodles in the microwave according to packet instructions. Run under cold water until it runs clear, then toss in the sesame oil to prevent them from sticking together.
- Combine the flour, five spice and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the egg, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ones until you have a smooth batter.
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 slices.
- Toss the chicken in the batter to coat it. Wrap each individual piece of chicken in noodles from one end to the other so that they are fully covered in the messy tendrils.
- Fill a large sturdy saucepan a third of the way with vegetable oil. Heat to 180C, then drop in the chicken and fry for 2-3 mins until the outside is crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with Amoy peanut sauce as a dip and an Asian slaw.