Just look at these delicious buns!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk together the milk, sugar and yeast and allow to sit for a few minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Whisk in the butter and eggs, then fold through the flour and a little salt. Knead, briefly, until the dough comes together.
- Cover and leave to rise somewhere warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter, apples, water and sugar in a frying pan and cook until soft and sticky - roughly 15 minutes.
- Whisk together cream cheese, butter and sugar. Roll out the dough to a rectangle and spread over the whole of the rectangle. Sprinkle the apple pieces on top.
- Roll up the rectangle into a long sausage and cut into 12. Place snugly in a greased baking tray and allow to rise, then bake for 30 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the sugar, butter and cream all together in a saucepan. Allow to bubble up to make a caramel.
- Pour over the steamy buns.