Apple Caramel Tiramisu Mountain
- Gently cook the apples in the butter until lightly caramelised and cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat the sugar, butter and cream and salt together in a saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer - stir until the sugar has dissolved and you have a thick caramel. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks and remaining sugar tablespoons of sugar in a bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Using a hand mixer, whip until tripled in volume.
- Remove the bowl from heat then beat in mascarpone cheese until just combined.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until it holds stiff peaks. Fold in half of the whipped cream mixture into the egg mixture and fold to combine.
- Stir the apple brandy and apple juice together. Dip the biscuits quickly in the boozy apple juice then arrange them in a layer on a large platter. Top with cooked apples and lashings of the caramel.
- Repeat, using less biscuits each time, until you have a tiramisu mound. Finish with more caramel.