Autumn is just around the corner and we've got the perfect recipe to get started with all those apples! Apple Crumble Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding, of course, it's warm and perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of caramel.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Toss the apples with cinnamon, butter, nutmeg, brown sugar and lemon juice in a baking dish. Bake in the oven until caramelized, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cut the crusts of bread. Whip the butter with cinnamon and brown sugar until.combined. Spread each slice of bread with the mixture. Roll tightly then cut into ½” spirals.
- Arrange the spirals with the cooked apples. Set aside
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and sugar and pour over the swirls and apples. Let soak for 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, mix together all crumble ingredients and press together until little pieces are formed. Sprinkle over top of the dish and bake at 180ºC for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream and caramel.