250g cream cheese softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
5-6 medium-sized red baking apples
3 cup crushed cookies
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 Thinned Caramel
- 1. Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
- In a large bowl, mix together crushed cookies, butter and sugar until forms a sand like texture. Pour into a 9” springform pan and press against bottom evenly and up the sides about 1” from the top. Freeze until needed.
- In another large bowl, whip together cream cheese, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add sour cream and whip until combined. Add one egg at a time mixing in-between. When smooth, pour into pan with crust and smoothen.
- Cut apples in half and core them. Using a mandolin slice very thinly so they are pliable. Put into a large bowl of ice cold water with lemon juice. Until ready to use. When ready dry them with a cloth.
- Arrange the sliced apples around the cream cheese filling to form a rose pattern. Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the apples.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes to an hour until the center of the tart reads between 160-165. The filling will be slightly puffed and when you gently shake the pan so it jiggles in the center.
- Turn off the oven and keep in the oven for about thirty minutes.
- Prop the door open and let cool for another hour or so before removing the tart to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- You can also refrigerate the cake. Just allow it to sit out for about 30 minutes before slicing