What You’ll Need:
250g cream cheese softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
5-6 medium-sized red baking apples
3 cup crushed cookies
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 Thinned Caramel
How You Make It:
- 1. Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
- In a large bowl, mix together crushed cookies, butter and sugar until forms a sand like texture. Pour into a 9” springform pan and press against bottom evenly and up the sides about 1” from the top. Freeze until needed.
- In another large bowl, whip together cream cheese, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add sour cream and whip until combined. Add one egg at a time mixing in-between. When smooth, pour into pan with crust and smoothen.
- Cut apples in half and core them. Using a mandolin slice very thinly so they are pliable. Put into a large bowl of ice cold water with lemon juice. Until ready to use. When ready dry them with a cloth.
- Arrange the sliced apples around the cream cheese filling to form a rose pattern. Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the apples.
Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes to an hour until the center of the tart reads between 160-165. The filling will be slightly puffed and when you gently shake the pan so it jiggles in the center.
Turn off the oven and keep in the oven for about thirty minutes.
Prop the door open and let cool for another hour or so before removing the tart to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
You can also refrigerate the cake. Just allow it to sit out for about 30 minutes before slicing