6 tbsp butter
6 tbsp flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cup grated parmesan, split
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
Simple, creamy-garlic laden bechamel layered in between sheets of lasagna and crispy bacon. What more could you want? Oh that's right, when it's cooked and super bubbly it creates the most perfect layers sure to impress anyone! Have we mentioned how delicious bacon, cream, garlic, cheese and pasta are together???
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook flour for 2 minutes until raw flour flavour is cooked out. Gradually pour in milk and whisk continually to combine to create a smooth sauce.
- Bring sauce to a boil and let thicken slightly. Add 1 cup parmesan, nutmeg, pepper and parsley. Stir to combine. Let rest to cool and thicken.
- Spread a thin layer of béchamel on the bottom of a lasagna dish. Top with two lasagna sheets followed by more béchamel and a layer of cooked bacon. Repeat with remaining ingredients, being sure the top layer is béchamel.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozzarella over top. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove cover and broil for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let set for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!