240 ml whole milk, lukewarm
2 tsp fast action, dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2 large egg, whisked
1 ½ tsp salt
515g bread flour
2 tbsp chopped rosemary
84g soft butter
Small rounds of brie cheese
1/2 cup crispy bacon bits
This is the perfect appetizer for a dinner party. Who doesn't love brie and bacon together!
- Mix together milk, yeast, sugar in a large bowl. Let sit until slightly frothy. Add two eggs and stir until combined.
- Add in all of the flour, rosemary, and salt and mix until combined. Remove from the bowl and knead, the dough will be sticky but soft.
- Add the softened butter and knead into the dough. Knead for about 10-15 minutes until the dough is soft and forms a ball.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Knock back and divide into about 27, 30g dough balls for sliders. F
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC (390ºF) (180ºC fan- 350ºF Fan).
- Arrange on a large lined baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree with a bit of space between each. Cover and let double in size again.
- Mix egg with1 tsp water to make an egg wash. When doubled in size, brush buns gently with egg wash.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Cut out 1-inch circles from the center of each bun. Eat the centers!
- Place a round of brie in each hole. Return to the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes to melt the brie. Top with chopped bacon and sprinkle with chives. Serve with cranberry sauce.