- 1kg beef mince
- 100g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 18 slices american style cheese
- 20 rashers bacon
Behold! A vision wrapped in bacon, a glorious rhapsody of mince, pure poetry in pastry. Feed your family and friends with this handsome chap and sit back and bask in their screams of adoration, their pleas for more; the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf has well and truly landed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix the mince with the seasonings and press it in an even layer into a foil lined baking tray.
- Place the cheese in a double layer nearly the whole way up and then roll the whole thing up, using the foil. Leave to set in the fridge for around an hour.
- Lay the bacon on another foil lined tray and pop the unwrapped meat log at one end, then roll it up again to create a neat, tight bacon-wrapped meat torpedo.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the foil then unwrap for a final 30 mins.
- Sit back and observe your magnum opus. Serve with burger stuff - chips, ketchup, mustard and pickles.