Here at Twisted we find a particular satisfaction in a well executed crunchwrap - that artful arranging of the pantries most humble of ingredients, the tortilla. We've stuffed them with fajitas, breakfast bits and philly cheesesteak. And now this - two enormous, perfect burger patties, loads of filthy American cheese - the dream.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Use your hands to mix together the beef mince, salt, white pepper and garlic powder.
- Divide the mix in half and press each half into a spring form pan on a square of greaseproof paper to make a circle.
- Carefully put each burger in a large hot oiled frying pan and fry on both sides for around 4 minutes - you can flip them with a plate to make it easier.
- Arrange 6 of the tortillas in a flower shape in a well oiled skillet and top with a layer of cheese, pickles and bacon. Add burger number 1 and then repeat, finishing with burger number 2. Place a tortilla on top and fold over the edges of the other tortillas to make a sealed bundle. If they look like they'll pop up place a circle of baking paper on top and put something heavy on top of that.
- Bake for around half an hour until the tortillas feel crunchy.
- Serve with ketchup. Good times!