300g beef mince
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 thin slices of yellow cheddar cheese
6 cooked bacon rashers
1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (400f). Split beef mince into 50g balls and flatten each into a very thin rectangle.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add beef patties to hot pan and season each side with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides until brown, about 1 minute each, set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into large rectangles abbot 2 inches larger than the patties.
- Place on puff pastry sheet down, top with one beef patty followed by 2 slices of cheese, 2 slice of bacon, cheese, and another beef patty. Brush edges with egg wash. Cover with another large piece of puff pastry and press to seal edges. Cut with a pizza cutter to adjust if needed and use a fork to completely seal sides.
- Brush entire top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with condiments