Bacon Double Cheeseburger Spirals
What you need
No equipment needed
1lb ground beef
8 rashers bacon, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped gherkins
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
18 slices American cheese
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
440g pizza dough
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (400F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium heat, fry bacon until just crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add ground beef to hot pan and break apart. Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, stir to combine. Stir in bacon and ketchup. Cook for another 5 minutes to reduce. Take off heat and let cool completely.
- Roll out pizza dough into a long rectangle.
- Lay 9 pieces of American cheese down, top with a layer of beef mixture, chopped onions, gherkins and another 9 pieces of American cheese. Roll into a tight log. Slice into 1-inch thick pieces and place cut side up on the baking sheet. Brush edges and center spiral of dough with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.