Bacon Garlic Camembert Surprise
What you need
- 1 tbsp lardons, fried
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- good pinch salt
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 camembert
- 4 potatoes, diced into 1" chunks
- garlic cloves, crushed slightly
- rosemary, a few sprigs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the top off your bulb of garlic and place onto a small piece of tin foil. Drizzle over 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap tightly and bake at 190°C for 45 minutes. Remove, leave to cool then mash to a rough puree.
- Cut the top off your camembert skin. Spread with the garlic puree. Place the lardons down in the middle of your puff pastry. Top with garlicky camembert, turned upside down.
- Fold over one side of your pastry, brush with egg then bring over the opposite side. Fold over the rest of the pastry and brush with more egg. Bake for 25 minutes at 190°C.
- Meanwhile, fry the potato in the butter and oil until nicely crisp. Chuck in your garlic and rosemary.
- Place both on a board. Cut the top off your pastry parcel. Dip the potato in!