Bacon Stuffed French Toast
What you need
- 8 slices of white bread (2 per piece of toast)
- 8 rashers of bacon, cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- maple syrup and icing sugar to finish
- Fry your bacon until nice and crispy. Set aside.
- Cut the crust off one piece of bread, and lay 4 half pieces of bacon in the centre.
- Top with another crustless piece of bread and using your fingers press round the edge to form the piece of bread together. Repeat.
- Now add your eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla to a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Dunk your stuffed breads into the mix and coat properly.
- Add your butter to a pan, when melted add your french breads and fry until nice and golden on both sides.
- Top with icing sugar and maple syrup.