This Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Log is the perfect mix of bacon, broccoli, chicken and cheese. From a noble pantheon of Twisted logs, this recipe is a winner.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°.
- Blitz the broccoli in a food processor until its in small bits - careful not to overdo it or it'll turn into a vile sludge.
- Add the butter to a skillet and heat until foaming. Fry garlic until fragrant then add the broccoli and cook until it's all tender and nice. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Allow it to cool in a bowl and stir in the cheddar and mustard.
- Bash out the chicken breasts between two sheets of clingfilm and place them, overlapping, in a square.
- Spread the broccoli mixture over the chicken square in an even layer (like you're making a Swiss roll, which you are, but with meat).
- Roll it up and pop it in the fridge to firm it up.
- Meanwhile, make your bacon weave. Describing this is hard so I suggest you watch the video.
- Roll the chicken log in the bacon and place on a baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes then brush with the honey. Roast for a further 20 mins.
- Make the cheesy sauce! You know this one. Heat the butter and beat in the flour - cook out until biscuity, then add the milk, 100ml at a time, until you have a thick sauce. Turn down the heat and add the cheese. Season to taste.
- Pour over your cooked log and tuck in!