Up your Super Bowl snack game with these glorious sliders. Oozing with spicy, creamy filling from within and encased in melty cheese and crisp bacon, this is not a recipe you will want to miss out on.
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Whisk the custard powder with the milk together in a small saucepan, then place over the heat and cook until boiling, whisking all the while. Add the sugar and butter, pour into a large bowl and leave to cool until the mixture is warm.
- Add the flour, yeast and salt, mix to a firm, even dough, cover and leave for 10 minutes. Knead the dough for about 10 mins until smooth, then pop the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and leave covered for an hour and a half.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal sized pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place them on a large tray lined with nonstick baking paper. Cover again and leave to rise for about half an hour, or until they have doubled in size.
- Brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and scatter over the sesame seeds and bake for about 15 mins. Remove from the oven when they are golden and feel light to hold, and leave to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, onion powder, garlic powder, jalapenos, chives and spring onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beef with the salt and pepper.
- Flatten a small piece of meat and place a tsp of the cream cheese filling in the centre. Put another piece on top to encase the filling, sealing the edges to create a patty shape. Wrap 2 strips of bacon around each patty in a cross shape.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with a little oil. Add the patties and fry until the bacon is crisp and golden. Finish in the oven for about 10 mins.
- Slice each bun in half. Pop the burgers on the base of the buns on a tray and put the slices of cheese on top. Grill on a high heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 mins.
- Put the lids of the buns on top and serve!