Bacon Wrapped Lasagna
What you need
- 2 packs streaky bacon, smoothed out with the flat of a knife.
- Beef Ragu - 400g beef mince, 1 onion, minced garlic, 3 tbsp tomato puree, red wine and seasoning. Fry the mince and onion until browned then add the tomato puree and red wine. Simmer gently for an hour.
- 4 fresh pasta sheets, trimmed to the size of the loaf tin
- Bechamel - 50g butter, 50g plain flour, 1 litre milk.
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Line a greased loaf tin with streak bacon, making sure they overlap.
- Begin layering the lasagna - first place the pasta sheets, then the ragu, then a layer of béchamel followed by the cheeses. Repeat to the top of the tin and fold the bacon edges over.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the bacon is crisp.