Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Lasagna
- Time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6
What you need
- 600g beef mince
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Around 30 rashers of bacon, depending on size
- 6 slices cheddar
- BBQ sauce
Behold our Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Lasagna. Layers of glorious meatloaf punctuated by molten, oozing cheese and ketchup. The whole thing is then swaddled in tender wrappings of sweet salty bacon and brushed with BBQ sauce. Is there anything more beautiful? There's elegance in simplicity, glory in the understated - long live the humble meatloaf.
- Mix together the beef mince with the eggs, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Grease a small loaf tin and line the whole thing with bacon, making sure each rasher overlaps. Leave some hanging over the sides so you can fold it over and encase the meaty package.
- Press a third of the meatloaf into the bottom of the tin, top with ketchup and cheese. Repeat, then top with the final chunk of meatloaf. Fold the bacon over and bake for thirty minutes.
- Carefully turn the tin over and remove, then brush the bacon with BBQ sauce. Return for a final twenty minutes and bake until cooked through.
- Serve with mash and (probably) a side salad.