- 2 skinless turkey breasts
- 300g sausage meat
- 20 large rashers streaky bacon
Turkey - that sad, oft-maligned bird, sacrificed yearly on the altar of festive good cheer. It gets a lot of stick. Dry, they call it. Devoid of taste, they mutter. Well, no longer will this noble poultry be defamed! Our bacon smothered sausage stuffed breast is swimming in juices and bursting with christmas vibes, a fitting centrepiece to any table.
- Take the skinless turkey breasts and butterfly them. Place a few spoonfuls of the sausage meat over one half and fold back over again.
- Place on a tray lined with bacon and wrap up both of the breasts, tucking the bacon underneath to stop if shrinking too much in the oven.
- Bake for around 40-50 minutes until a temperature probe measures 71°C or above.
- Serve with all the usual Christmas trimmings.