Baileys Chocolate Christmas Tree
What you need
300g (heaping) hazelnuts, skinned and roasted
2g kosher salt
1 lb semisweet chocolate, melted and still hot
125 ml Baileys
30ml heavy cream
2 rectangles rolled puff pastry
1/2 cup Baileys Chocolate Luxe
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 golden syrup
2 oz chocolate, chopped
- Add butter to melted chocolate and mix until butter has melted.
- In a blender, add hazelnuts, sugar, and salt. Blitz until just smooth. Add chocolate and blitz to combine. Add Baileys and cream and blend just to combine. Do not over blend.
- Pour into a jar and store for later use.
- Pre-heat oven to 190ºC (375ºF). Lay out one rectangle of puff pastry. Spread some of the Baileys hazelnut spread in a rough triangle shape.
- Place the second piece of pastry on top of the first, then cut out a triangle shape over the spread section. Discard the trimmings.
- Now make even cuts down both sides of the triangle, leaving an inch uncut in the center, to keep the tree together.
- Twist each strip from top to bottom to create tree branches.
- Brush the pastry with the whisked egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- In a small pot, whisk together Baileys chocolate luxe, cocoa powder, and golden syrup together. Bring to a boil stirring, then let simmer for 3 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Dip pastry into Baileys fudge sauce