Baileys Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
What you need
200ml Baileys Original
1 tbsp granulated sugar
10ml vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 1 1/2- inch sliced white bread
25ml Baileys Original
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp caramel plus extra or drizzling
- Cut a slit in the side of each slice of bread being careful not to go all the way through. Using your fingers press inside slightly to create a pocket. Place chocolate pieces inside each slice of bread Place in a glass dish and set aside.
- In a pouring jug mix together eggs, Baileys, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar until combined. Pour the egg mixture over both sandwiches and let soak. Flipping to soak both sides evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add one sandwich at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Be sure to control the heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add the 25ml Baileys, whipping cream and caramel until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve french toast with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.