- 100g butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
- 250g self-raising flour
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml Irish cream liqueur, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 50ml whole milk
- 100g milk chocolate, very roughly chopped into chunks
For the sauce:
- 125g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 275ml boiling water
- Sift 250g self-raising flour with sugar, cocoa, baking powder, pinch of salt.
- Combine eggs, chocolate luxe, milk and melted butter.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry. Fold through chocolate and ginger pieces. Scrape into buttered dish. Sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar and cocoa then sprinkle over dish.
- Pour over boiling water and pop in an oven preheated to 170°C (fan) for 35 minutes.
- Bring out, leave for 5 minutes, then dig in!