Treat your pals (and yourself!) to these outrageously good pancakes this Shrove Tuesday.
- Heat the cream and the Baileys in the microwave until steaming. Pour over the chocolate and leave to stand for a minute before stirring to combine.
- On a tray lined with greaseproof paper, pipe the chocolate ganache to form 8cm discs - reserve about 4 tbsp to use as a drizzle later. Pop the discs in the freezer for 1 hour until firm.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. In a jug combine the egg, buttermilk, milk and Original Baileys before pouring it into the dry mix. Whisk together until just combined.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium-high heat and add a little butter. When bubbling, spoon a ladle of batter into the pan. Pop a frozen disc of Baileys ganache on top before swiftly spooning another ladle of the batter on top. Fry for 1-2 mins, until the base of the pancake is golden. Flip and repeat cooking for the other side. Pop on a tray and finish in the oven for 6 mins, whilst you fry the remaining pancakes.
- Warm up your remaining ganache with 1 tbsp double cream until it forms a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Place a pancake on your serving plate and top with a handful of marshmallows. Blowtorch, then top with the next pancake and another handful of marshmallows. Blowtorch, then add the final pancake and a heap of marshmallows. Blowtorch to toast them, then top with a drizzle of the remaining Baileys ganache. Serve and enjoy!