Banana Bread Cheesecake Roll
- Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 10
What you need
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Chocolate shavings
A banana bread meets Swiss roll meets cheesecake - the start of the most delicious joke ever.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mash the bananas and whisk in the sugars, eggs and butter until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold everything together and pour onto a lined rectangular tray. Bake for around 15 minutes - don't bake too long or the cake will crack when rolled.
- When it's out of the oven cover with a lightly oiled sheet of baking paper and flip the tray to release the cake, then roll it up into a spiral with the paper inside. Allow to cool for an hour or so.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar.
- Unroll the cake and remove the greaseproof paper, then spread with the cream cheese mixture and roll it up again. Chill for an hour or so.
- Pour over the remaining cream cheese mix and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.