Banana Split Surprise Cake
- Time: 6 hours
- Serves: 8-10
What you need
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 can condensed mlk
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
A classic diner treat, Banana Split is always a treat. We've filled a banana cake with no churn ice cream and topped it with traditional banana split toppings. Go wild with this one. Would be delicious filled with a chocolate or strawberry flavoured ice ream too ;)
- Make banana bundt: Grease and flour a bundt tin, set aside. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer mix butter until smooth. Add sugar and whip together until just pale in flour. Add eggs, vanilla and bananas. Whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in 1/2 of the flour mix to the wet mix. Then add all of the sour cream. Finish with folding in the remaining flour until combined.
- Pour into tin, rap tin on the table. Bake for about 1hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Meanwhile whisk heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold in condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- While the cake is in the bundt tin, cut out the centre of the cake but keep the bottom. Scoop out about 2 inches deep to create a well.
- Scoop no churn ice cream into the centre and smooth. Top with the cake that was taken out. As shown in the video. Cover with cling film and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Pipe rosette of whipped cream over the cake, top each with a cherry, a slice of banana, chocolate sauce and sprinkles.