- 400g roasted chicken, roughly shredded
- 8 bacon rashers, cut into small pieces and fried until crisp
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 500ml BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 10 regular flour tortillas
- 18 slices mild cheddar
The origins of BBQ sauce are shrouded in a mystery as opaque as this most illustrious of condiments. Sweet yet vinegary, spicy yet mellow, it truly is an ingredient of nuance. This recipe sticks it between that bastardised noble bread of indigenous Mexico, the tortilla, and smothers it in cheese. Despite being a culinary mongrel it is, as always, utterly delicious.
- Mix together shredded chicken, bacon, spring onions, salt and BBQ sauce until combined.
- Line and grease a large baking sheet and lay half of the tortillas in a square. Top with half of the cheese and spread the chicken mix on top.
- Top with more cheese and another layer of tortillas then brush with more butter and another baking sheet and tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and grill for a final 5.