We bring you the ultimate indulgent comfort food to fuel you through game day, or any day!
- In a large casserole dish, brown the pork shoulder on both sides. Add the fennel seeds, paprika, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, apple juice and cider vinegar and bring to a simmer. Put a lid on the dish and cook in the oven at 150C for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork from the sauce and shred it. Add the BBQ sauce and ketchup to the braising liquid and reduce it down until it is a thick and delicious sauce. Mix the shredded pork back through it, then leave to cool.
- Heat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat until foamy. Add the flour, mustard powder and paprika and cook out for 1 min, stirring all the while. Gradually add the milk in small increments, stirring vigorously until the mixture is smooth before adding more. Once all the milk is in the pan, bring the mixture to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 2 mins. Allow to cool for 15 mins before adding the cheddar, salt and pepper. Add the cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- In a large baking dish, pour in a third of the macaroni cheese and top with half the pulled pork. Sprinkle with some of the cheese, then add another layer third of the macaroni and the remaining pulled pork. Sprinkle with more grated cheese and the remaining macaroni cheese. Cover with your remaining grated cheese and bake for 25-30 mins, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!