More than simply a good portmanteau, this is actually quite delicious as well. Sweet and sharp pineapple is a perfect side kick to BBQ sauce and plenty of pig.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Mix together the sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub the pork all over with the spice mix and roast for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wrap with foil then turn down the heat to around 130° and return to the oven for around 5 hours, until the pork is soft and tender. Pull apart with forks and toss with BBQ sauce.
- Meanwhile, skin the pineapple and cut out a hollow in the middle (keeping the leaves and the bottom intact - you are going to stuff it with the pulled pork after all).
- Stretch the bacon out and wrap it round the pineapple (secure with cocktail sticks).
- Roast at 180°C for 20 mins, then take out of the oven and glaze with more BBQ sauce. Pop back in the oven for a further 20 mins. Slice and serve with chips.