Why make mac and cheese when you can make Beef Stroganoff Mac 'N' Cheese Pie? Yeah, we wouldn't either. Give this hearty pie a go and we bet it's a new family favorite.
- Roll your puff pastry sheet out and trim into a rectangle the exact dimensions of your baking dish. Decorate the edges with excess pastry cut into shapes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your steak, flour, onion granules, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- In a large saute pan over a high heat, fry your steak in batched for 2-3 mins until tender and starting to caramelise. Remove from the pan.
- Heat your butter over a medium heat in the same large saute pan. Add your onions to the pan and cook until soft, about 5 mins. Add your mushrooms and turn up the heat. Cook for about 3 mins, until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are starting to caramelise. Add your garlic and paprika, cook out for 1 min.
- Add your beef stock and milk and bring to a simmer. Add your macaroni, pop a lid on and cook for 10 mins until tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add your steak, double cream, sour cream, cheddar, mozzarella, mustard, parsley and seasoning to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Lay your mixture in a large baking dish and top with your pastry sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until the pastry is risen and golden. Serve immediately!