- 1 pork shoulder joint, about 4.5 lb
- mixed dried chillies
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bulb garlic, left whole and unpeeled
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups beer (your favourite)
- pineapple salsa, tortillas, guac, crema, to serve
- Pop all of the ingredients in the slow-cooker and cook on high for 6 hours. Lift out the joint into a baking dish and fork apart until nicely shredded (leave a few chunks).
- Ladle over some of the cooking liquor and place under a grill for 5 minutes to get the top pieces a little crispy.