You can’t build a tasty dinner without some sturdy foundations, and they don’t come much more delicious than this epic Big Mac Sauce® Mac and Cheese Brick. Made with real Big Mac Sauce®, this seriously flavourful cheesy log is the ideal indulgent sharer. Who needs a beef burger when you could have a pasta block?
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add beef and cook, breaking apart with a spoon. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Season with salt and pepper once the beef is browned and cooked through. Stir through the chopped onions and pickles, and set aside.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually pour in the milk whisking constantly. Stir through the Big Mac sauce and cheese and cooked macaroni.
- Pour half of the macaroni mixture into the loaf tin. Make a small well in the centre and fill with some of the beef mix in the centre and layer with sliced cheese. Top with more beef mixture followed by remaining macaroni and cheese. Cover with cling and set in the freezer for 3 hours to set.
- Once just frozen and set. Cover in flour followed by eggs and bread crumbs.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a shallow pan to 170ºC. Transfer the brick to the oil carefully and fry until golden brown. Then transfer to a sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
- Slice and serve with extra big mac sauce