Say goodbye to burger buns - the classic Big Mac® is about to get a major upgrade. A perfect accompaniment to McDonald’s brand new Big Mac® Special Sauce, this signature beef wellington is everything you love about the original sandwich, with an added twist. Just be sure to serve with enough sauce - one pot probably isn’t enough!
- Using your hands thoroughly mix together the mince, salt and black pepper.
- Shape it into an even log with stringy cheese in the middle and heat the oil in a large frying pan. Brown the log on all sides and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle and place the sheets of cheese on top, leaving a strip free brushed with the egg yolk - this will help it stick together.
- Scatter evenly with onion.
- Place the browned log of burger on top and begin rolling it up to form a tight package - tuck the ends underneath as you do so.
- Pop the whole thing in the fridge.
- Brush the Wellington with the remaining egg yolk mixture and scatter with sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake for around 40 mins until the pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve with lavish helpings of the Big Mac sauce.