Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
What you need
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup additional blueberries
- 1/4 cup
- 6 Flour Tortillas (8”)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Ground nut oil for frying
- In stand mixer, add cream cheese, greek yogurt, 3/4 cup blueberries, egg, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Blitz until combined. Scrape into a clingfilm lined 8- inch loaf pan. Fold in remaining blueberries. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into even strips
- Place one strip on the bottom third of a tortilla. Fold the two sides towards the centre and roll up like a burrito. Pierce with a toothpick to seal
- Heat oil in a deep pot until 350F (180C). Gently add chimichangas to oil using tongs and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined tray.
- In a shallow dish combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Roll chimichangas in cinnamon sugar until fully coated, remove toothpick.