For the icing:
- 400g icing sugar
- 250g salted butter
For the cakes:
- Cupcake mix (prepared to package instructions)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup prosecco
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Put the berries in a bowl, sprinkle over the sugar and pour over the prosecco. Stir to combine. Leave to hang out overnight in the fridge.
- Bake your cupcakes, then leave to cool. Cut the top out of the cupcakes and spoon in a bit of the macerated berries. Set aside.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar a half cup at a time, incorporating each bit before adding the next measure.
- Simmer the berries with the cornflour over medium heat until broken down, rich in colour, thick and jam-like. Cool completely. Strain this into your buttercream and, without mixing, spoon into a piping bag. Pipe on top of your berry filled cupcakes- hiding the berries.