Did you know that swirl buns are just as delicious savoury as they are sweet? These bundles of Boursin, spinach, and prosciutto are ideal as a snack, starter or as the centerpiece of a decadent picnic. Be sure to make enough for everyone – they are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
- Heat a saute pan with oil over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook through until completely wilted. Remove, drain and leave to cool.
- Dust a surface with plain flour. Roll out dough to about ½” thickness in an even rectangle.
- Stir your Boursin Garlic and Herbs in a bowl to soften it slightly. Spread it over the surface of your dough evenly. Layer with sliced ham and your cooked, drained spinach.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into 9 2” thick strips, roll each strip into swirls.
- Arrange into a greased deep baking dish. Cover with cling film and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 180ºC/350ºF oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and risen.
- Combine your butter, garlic, and parsley and brush liberally over the surface. Leave to cool.