- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, and curry leaves, fry for 1 minute. Add ginger and turmeric, stirring to combine. Add potatoes, peas, salt, coriander, and a squeeze of lemon. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Divide potato mix between three slices of bread. Top with remaining slices and gently press to adhere.
- Cut into 1-inch strips, set aside.
- In a bowl add flours, spices and salt. Stir to combine well. Drizzle in water and whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a large pot, heat oil in a large pot to 350F for deep frying.
- Dip each sandwich into the batter to coat well. Let some batter drip off. Gently place into oil and fry until golden brown.
- Place yoghurt into a bowl, fill middle with mango chutney to resemble an egg.