- 4 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, cut into 1/2 cm strips
- 6 sausages, fillings squeezed out of cases and ripped into chunks
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- A good handful of spaghetti or linguine - enough for two!
- Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, double cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and set the carbonara sauce aside. Start cooking your pasta to packet instructions - make sure it's al dente though!
- In a large frying pan fry the bacon strips until they are sizzling away nicely, then sausage pieces. Allow to colour and crisp up a little then stir in the mushrooms and finely the cherry tomatoes. Allow these to fry for a little bit, until slightly softened, then take off the heat.
- Pour over the cooked, drained pasta and mix everything together. Top with chopped parsley and serve.