What You’ll Need:
- 2/3 cup bacon, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, in large slices
- 3 spring onions, green parts only, in large chunks
- choy sum, a large handful, or other chinese greens, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, julienned
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g wok-ready udon noodles (or other fresh noodle)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup dark soy
- 1/4 cup light soy
- 1/3 cup shoaxing rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How You Make It:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, both soy sauces, rice wine and sesame oil until blended.
- Heat your oil in a wok until smoking then add the bacon pieces. Fry until crisp and brown then add the mushroom and spring onion. Fry for 30 seconds more before adding the ginger, garlic and chilli. Add the greens, followed by the noodles. Stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add the sauce. Fry, stir and reduce the sauce until it clings to the noodles and everything is cooked.
- Serve on a large plate. Top with fried eggs!