Buffalo Chicken Nachos
What you need
- 1 whole roast chicken, shredded
- 0.6 cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1.5l oil, for frying
- Mix the shredded chicken with the cream cheese, hot sauce and seasonings. The mixture should be thick and not too wet.
- Pat the mix into a lined baking tray roughly 20cm by 20cm, making sure it's around 1cm high and even. Cover and freeze for at least four hours.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and cut into squares, then cut each square diagonally to make triangles. If they are feeling a bit soft pop them back in the freezer for half an hour to firm them up again.
- When they are solid, dip them in the flour then shake off the excess. Coat them in the egg mix and then roll in breadcrumbs, making sure each is completely covered.
- Heat oil for 175°C/350°F and fry the triangles in batches, placing them on kitchen paper after to soak up the extra oil.
- Arrange on a platter and top with nacho cheese sauce, pickled jalapeños, chopped spring onions and buffalo dressing.