Spice up your sandwiches this week with a mouthwatering take on a comfort food classic. Taking tender chicken breast, gooey mozzarella and fiery Frank’s Red Hot, the Twisted team are proud to present the ultimate chicken parmigiana. Say goodbye to bland, boring burgers - if this doesn’t get your taste buds going, then nothing will.
- Bash your chicken breasts to an even thickness and cut into two pieces.
- Mix the parmesan with the breadcrumbs. Season the flour with salt.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, then egg, then parmesan breadcrumbs. Shallow fry until nicely golden on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts. Set aside while you make your sauce.
- Fry the onion in the oil until nicely translucent and sweet - about 10 minutes. Add and fry your
garlic and, when fragrant, pour in your tomato passata and season with salt and sugar.
Cook over a low flame for 10 minutes or so. Add your Frank’s sauce, bring up to a simmer,
then add your butter and emulsify.
- Remove from heat. Split and toast your buns and lay the bottom half on a sheetpan. Top with chicken pieces. Cover with the buffalo parm sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and pop under the grill until melted and delicious. Sprinkle copiously with chives. Top with the top buns and dig in!