Fried chicken gets a fiery makeover in our latest Dubai-inspired recipe. Featuring succulent chicken thighs, buttery rice, fierce buffalo-style sauce, and a creamy tahini dressing, this dish combines the best of both worlds in a mouth-watering party piece. Perfect for sharing, this one’s a real crowd-pleaser.
- For the spice mix, toast all of the whole spices in a dry frying pan over medium heat until just starting to smoke. Cool, then grind to a rough powder. Set aside.
- Add the yoghurt, milk, 1 tbsp flaked salt, garlic cloves and chicken thighs into a large bowl, mix well and marinade overnight in the fridge.
- For the pilaf base, fry the sliced onions in the butter with the cinnamon stick and a good pinch of salt until really soft, sweet and caramelised.
- While the base is on, make your pomegranate sauce. Blend the tomatoes with the chillies and water. Fry the garlic in the oil until just starting to turn brown, then add the spices and cook out briefly. Pour in the tomatoes and season with salt. Partially cover and reduce for 15 minutes. Pour in the pomegranate juice and molasses. Keep warm until you're ready to build the fatteh.
- Mix together everything for your tahini yoghurt sauce.