What you need
- 300g beef mince
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper, a pinch
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1 bread boule
- 12 slices cheddar or Red Leicester
- 2tbsp oil
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the mince, onion, garlic, seasoning and mustard in a bowl. Mix together then set aside.
- Take your bread and slice off the top then remove the inner section. Place 3 slices of cheese in the bottom then top with 1/2 the mince mix. Press down then repeat the cheese process and another layer of mince. Add the final three slices of cheese and return the lid.
- Brush the bread with oil and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Cover with foil and bake for half an hour, until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve in wedges with ketchup and mustard.