Can we all agree that cupcakes are the closest thing we have to heaven on earth?
Though it might be tempting to believe that you have tried every conceivable variation of the spongy phenomenon, it’s time to think again.
Introducing Cupcake Sliders.
What if I told you it was possible to combine two of the greatest foods known to man: cupcakes and burgers? What if I then told you that, with Stork Ready to Bake Cupcake Mix and our recipe video, it is ridiculously easy to make them yourself. Hard to believe, right? Well, keep the faith, because your teatime treat game is about to get a seriously tasty upgrade. Fast food has never looked – or tasted – better.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pack Stork Ready to Bake Cupcake Mix (chocolate)
- 1 pack Stork Ready to Bake Cupcake Mix (plain)
- 100g Stork with Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green Food Dye Gel
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Food Dye Gel
- 1/2 tsp Red Food Dye Gel
- 2 tbsp Apricot Jam
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
How You Make It:
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease a 12 tin muffin tray. Warm the cupcake mix pouches in hand warm water until the mix feels soft, then squeeze the plain mix into 8 of the holes, followed by the chocolate mix into the other 4. Make sure you don’t fill them up more than 1/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes or until they’ve risen and are cooked through.
- Whisk together the Stork with Butter and icing sugar until the buttercream is soft and airy. Separate equally into 3 bowls and add the food dyes, stirring well, then add to individual piping bags.
- When the cupcakes have fully cooled, cut all of them in half across the middle to make your burger buns and burgers.
- On the bottom half of the plain cupcakes pipe some green buttercream, followed by a slice of the chocolate cupcake topped with alternative blobs of yellow and red buttercream, then the top half of the plain cupcake to complete the burger.
- Finally, melt the apricot jam slightly in the microwave and brush over the top bun, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.