What you need
- 1 pack Stork Ready to Bake Cupcake Mix (chocolate)
- 1 pack Stork Ready to Bake Cupcake Mix (plain)
- 100g Stork with Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green Food Dye Gel
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Food Dye Gel
- 1/2 tsp Red Food Dye Gel
- 2 tbsp Apricot Jam
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease a 12 tin muffin tray. Warm the cupcake mix pouches in hand warm water until the mix feels soft, then squeeze the plain mix into 8 of the holes, followed by the chocolate mix into the other 4. Make sure you don’t fill them up more than 1/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes or until they’ve risen and are cooked through.
- Whisk together the Stork with Butter and icing sugar until the buttercream is soft and airy. Separate equally into 3 bowls and add the food dyes, stirring well, then add to individual piping bags.
- When the cupcakes have fully cooled, cut all of them in half across the middle to make your burger buns and burgers.
- On the bottom half of the plain cupcakes pipe some green buttercream, followed by a slice of the chocolate cupcake topped with alternative blobs of yellow and red buttercream, then the top half of the plain cupcake to complete the burger.
- Finally, melt the apricot jam slightly in the microwave and brush over the top bun, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.