A slice of this moreish cake makes a lovely brunch or afternoon tea.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a bundt tin liberally with butter, chill in the fridge then butter it again. Sprinkle all over the inside with flour and tip out any excess.
- In a frying pan on a medium-high heat, fry the bacon bits until they are nice and crisp. Add the maple syrup and stir to combine, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy, then add the egg and beat until smooth and combined. Add the mashed bananas and natural yogurt, then stir to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl, then gradually add to the wet mixture, beating all the while. Once all the dry ingredients are incorporated, tip in the candied bacon and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepped bundt tin and bake in the oven for about 50 mins, until a skewer comes out clean
- Leave the cake in the tin for 10 mins after it comes out of the oven, then turn out to cool.
- Combine the sifted icing sugar with the maple syrup and water, stirring until it is a smooth mixture.
- Drizzle the cooled cake with the icing and serve!