Ahoy there! We at Twisted Bar have been toiling away in our lab creating the most delicious Captain Morgan Rum cocktails the vast seas of the world wide web have ever known. So kick those landlubbers off the plank, gather all ye crewmates, and decide which of ye will be making the temptatious tipples and grogs listed below! How’s that old song go? Yo Ho Ho n’ a bottle o’ rum!
Captain Retro’s Rum Old Fashioned
- Add the brown sugar cube to mixing glass, coat in bitters.
- Crush sugar cube with a muddler and add ice in.
- Add 50ml rum and stir till diluted.
- Strain into rocks glass over a large ice cube and garnish with orange rind.
Captain Genius’s Science Experiment
For the ice sphere:
- Fill an ice ball mould with water and allow to freeze for 1-2 hours, depending on how cold your freezer is.
- Turn ice ball mould upside down and allow to freeze for a further 1-2 hours.
- Burn a hole in the centre of ice ball with some sort of hot poker and use a syringe to pull the water out. Either that or turn the ball upside down and let the water drain like a normal person.
- Keep frozen until ready to use.
For the cocktail:
- Add the rum and juices to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain.
- Carefully pour the cocktail into the ice ball, followed by slowly pouring the cherry liqueur in to create a lovely gradient.
- Place inside a glass and plug with a cherry on a cocktail stick.
- Observe your genius creation, then smash it open.
Captain Drama’s Eccentric Episode
- To make the syrup, combine the ginger, rosemary, sugar and water in a saucepan, then bring to the boil, strain and keep chilled.
- For the cocktail shake the rum, rosemary & ginger syrup and lime juice well in a shaker.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass, and top up with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with more rosemary, bitters, and serve inside a rosemary smoke filled bell jar.
Captain Karaoke’s Disco Drink
- Pour ice into rocks glass, followed by blue curaçao.
- Pour slowly and layer pineapple juice on top.
- Repeat with ginger beer and rum till all are layered.
- Appreciate layers.
- Give it a good stir to turn it into a fabulous green and then garnish with pineapple leaves and an umbrella for good measure.