Caramel Apple Donut Rings
- 2 apples
- 1 jar salted caramel
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Slice the apples in 1cm slices then take out the core.
- On the handle of a wooden spoon spin the apples over the caramel. Put on tray and pop in the freezer until solid.
- Make the batter by mixing together the flour, egg, baking powder, sugar and milk.
- Heat the oil to 260°C/380°F. Dip the apple rings first in the batter then fry until golden brown. Remove to dry on paper towels.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon then dip in the apple rings.