What You’ll Need:
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 baking camembert
- 2 small red onions, thinly slices
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crispy bacon lardons
How You Make It:
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and add your sliced onions. Cook on low for about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar, sugar and honey. Stir and allow to bubble, then give a final stir. You want jammy onions. Set aside to cool.
- Cut your camembert in half horizontally. Spread your onions over one half then top with the lardons. Top with the remaining half of camembert, cut side down. Set aside.
- Lay a sheet of filo on a work surface. Spread liberally with butter, then top with another sheet. Spread this with butter then top with a third sheet. Brush this before laying down your fourth and final sheet. Put the filled camembert in the centre of the pastry. Bring up the edges of the filo sheets and twist slightly over the centre of the camembert.
- Brush the whole parcel liberally with butter and egg wash, then pop in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then destroy!